The year 2010 is almost up. Of course, the Islamic New Year of 1432H already passed by so that's out of the picture. It feels as if January was just a week ago. Longing for the past isn't an option. Nor is staying still. Moving on and confronting the year ahead is the answer. Like the saying, "grab the bull by its horns".
Looking back at the year, things have changed a lot. January started off with a merry atmosphere coming from my all-boys class, S4 Andalus. With Cikgu Iskandar and his motivation, we were full of spirit. To make it better, the class elected me class chairperson, which was a real honour for me.
It was quite hard taking care of a whole class of boys. I actually cried once because of it. But I was determined to make S4 Andalus a class to be remembered. Unfortunately, the STE stand-down was put into place. The whole Secondary 4 batch were horrified to hear this. We said hugged each other and shed some tears along the way.
Being in our new classes wasnt too bad either. In a few days, we got to know each and every one of our new class members. I was part of S4 Cordova, by the way. To my amazement, the new class elected me a class chairperson. The feeling of being chairperson twice was like, WOW. Some people called me the chairperson of two classes. Sweet.
Then, somewhere around July or August, I was elected to be a school student leader. Wow. It's as if everything is coming to me this year. Of course, I didnt turn down the offer. After about a month of being a horrid SL trainee, I finally became an official SL. So, yeah. It's great, in a way.
As it neared the end of the year, STE loomed and ready or unready, all of us sat through the whole thing from start to end. I was quite enjoying myself, especially those few moments before the exams started. Everyone in MPR1 would play around, joke with people and laugh about. Those were the highlights of STE. Months of preparation and our time came to show it. Im sure gonna miss those times..
But parting with the last of my seniors was hard. Thinking of all my previous seniors, I feel a bit sad saying goodbyes to my last batch of seniors. Frankly speaking, Im sure I wont meet half of them in the future. So, yeah. As of 2011, I will finally be the senior of Irsyad.
So all in all, I guess this is a rough overview of 2010. I dont wanna lengthen it any longer. Hopefully, 2011 will be a better and more fruitful year for me, and everyone else. Ameen, Ya Rabb.
No comments:
Post a Comment