"Seems like dancing is the way to go.."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eidul adha

Salam Eidul adha~!! Another momentous occasion in the Islamic community. The sheep have arrived. The knives, sharpened. The volunteers, ready as they'll ever be. And so, a glorious morning begins..

Y'know, I have to admit, I nearly forgot about the sunnah Eidul adha prayers. Luckily, Mama reminded the evening before. I decided to wear a white kurung paired with black jeans. Oh, and a songkok. Black and white. I like^^

Arriving at Muhajirin Mosque ten minutes early, I was very much surprised to see the first floor completely full. Perhaps out of luck, I got a seat in the carpeted area on the second floor. The sheer number of people made me feel small. For a moment, I imagined how being at Mecca would be. Mind-blowing, I guess..

The sermon reminded us of the tale of Prophet Abraham a.s. and his son, Prophet Ismail a.s. They must've been very strong-willed and obedient to do what they did. Kinda makes me feel sooo.. worthless.

At last, when the sermon ended, I waited out for the crowd to leave. In less than 15 minutes, the mosque was nearly empty except for the few workers. WOW^^
Papa also asked me to go to Grandma's house with Mama. But then, Mama was buying flowers at the market so I had some time to kill. What did I do? Search for sheep :D

An-Nahdhah Mosque holds the korban annually. So I dropped by and saw some familiar faces. Namely, Shazaa and her family. I also met quite a number of Al-Junied students, probably part of Nady Youth. Some other faces included Muzhaffar, Shaheed and some Sec1 Irsyadian boys.

I didnt visit too many people though. First, Mama and I kept our promise to Papa and visited Grandma. We stayed there for about more than an hour, after which we left feeling quite sleepy. After that, we went to one of our neighbour's house, an old woman named Nenek Maryam. Mama talked with her about.. stuff. I didnt concentrate. And that's that.

On another note, I got back my results. English and Geography, quite pleasing. Maths and Malay, disappointing. Physics and Chemistry, demoralizing. Papa was openly giving his views. Knowing him, I just kept quiet. I didnt do good anyway. But Mama was nice, giving positive motivation. Thank you^^

Now, I dont know what to do. I do not want to suffer. Science and Maths make me suffer. So, will someone do the honour of taking my life? I hate this very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment