"Seems like dancing is the way to go.."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Responsibilities

The working world is not all that it seems. Behind all the flashy stuff, it's tedious and very time-consuming of not managed properly. So heed my warning. Enjoy the moments when you don't have to work. Enjoy it.

But then again, if there's no other thing to do during the holidays, it would be best to spend the time wisely. As a student, the best would be to do some relaxed revisions. If a person just keeps on studying continuously, then I see no reason why he/she should have a holiday. Hehe, Im just saying. As for me, besides preparing for my Dikir Barat performance, I also help out at the school bookshop, sorting out the books and such. Yes, it does come with pay^^

Well today, I had to skip the book sorting for some family matters. One of my nephews, Zafir, was getting circumsized so my cousin, Zafir's father asked for me to read a du'a for his son. Well, I HAD to accept cause it wouldn't be brotherly to do otherwise. I guess it also serves as a way of gaining experience, I suppose? Maybe.

When I arrived, Zafir had already.. y'know, done it. So as the numbers in the house increased, I waited patiently. Nearly all the guests were close family members which made it awesome. After some time, Abang Yazid (Zafir's father) decided it was time to start the du'a. So okaay, I'm not gonna explain the details of what exactly happened. All I can say is that I have quite a few things to learn so this experience was good fun.

Off the topic, my right foot hurts. Yesterday, after sorting out the books, me and the guys there played a game of street soccer. A dark cloud was seen in the distant but we just hoped for it not to rain. So we played a game of 3 vs 3. I was grouped with Ziyan and Abdul Rahman Rahim. Our opponents were Haziq, Ruzaini and Zulfaqar.

The game started in my favour. I netted the first goal, followed by 2 more goals by my other team members. We were leading 3-0. Then, it happened. Speeding past Haziq, I mis-stepped and my right foot grazed the cement. My foot throbbed in pain. Blood followed. I was reduced to being the goalkeeper. A limping goalkeeper, by the way. In the end, the game ended in a draw. At least, I hope it was. I dont wanna remember.

My right foot still throbs with pain. In fact, it looks LIKE it's healing. The stinging doesn't cease when I take my ablution or take a bath. All I can do is grit my teeth and live through the ordeal. I hope with all my heart that something good is gonna happen to counter all this misery. If I can remember, all the times I get hurt badly happens when the sky is dark. I'm serious. A sign for bad omens huh?

Well anyway, more training tomorrow. I now have the will to revise.. but only for geography studies. I am no more interested in revising Science than I am in knowing what happens when a computer lags because it knows nothing more than to cause heartbreak. I bet if my Science books could sing, they'd say.. "I'm only gonna break break your.. break break your heart".

Most memorable incident this week. Cascada's "Everytime We Touch" echoing throughout the whole of Irsyad. That was awesome^^

No comments:

Post a Comment